Social media writer Shel Israel shares revealing stories of Twitterville residents, from CEOs to the student who became the first to report the devastation of the Szechuan earthquake; from visionaries trying to raise money for a cause to citizen journalists who outshine traditional media companies. Israel introduces you to trailblazers such as:
- Frank Eliason, who used Twitter to reverse Comcast’s blemished customer service reputation
- Bill Fergus, who was on the team at Henry Ford Medical Center during the first “live tweeted” surgery
- Scott Monty, social media officer for Ford, who held off a mob of misinformed Ranger fans and averted a PR crisis
- Connie Reece, who used Twitter to raise tens of thousands of dollars for cancer patients in need
- The Coffee Groundz, a Houston-area coffee shop that uses Twitter to pack the tables (and fight off Starbucks)
Twitterville features many true stories as dramatic as these. But it also recounts those of ordinary businesspeople who use Twitter to get closer to their customers. And it explains how global neighborhoods will make geography increasingly irrelevant.
It even explains why people sometimes really do care what you had for lunch.
- Author: Shel Israel
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Portfolio Hardcover (September 3, 2009)
- Language: English
Historical Tweets aims to bring to you the Completely Unabridged and Ridiculously Brief History of the World. It features the best of the blog and over 80 brand new pages of historical humor.
- 144 full-color pages
- 50 of the best tweets from the blog
- Over 80 brand new, never before-seen tweets.
- All new â€œtweet stacks,â€ tag clouds, and hate tweets.
- The perfect gift for a history buff, new grad, or anyone who hates long books about the past.
140 Characters, A Style Guide for the Short Form has been released worldwide via the iTunes App Store. Distinctly different from the Kindle edition, the text has been updated and expanded with an additional chapter and exclusive multimedia features.
- Regular updates to the Hypertext Book, with In-App Browser.
- Read-only Twitter client with hooks into the mobile version of Twitter.
- Comments and Copy/Paste throughout.
Read the work as it was originally intended, as a companion to the text edition published by John Wiley & Sons.
The iPhone App is available via the App Store.
- Author: Dom Sagolla
- Pages: 208 (paperback)
- Publisher: Wiley (October 12, 2009)
- Price: $12-$17.95
This presentation provides 20 ways to tweet and use twitter from a company, corporate & small business perspective. Among the companies listed are the usual suspects: ‘Starbucks, Zappos, Dell,’ but also a series of small to medium sized businesses using Twitter, including: ‘Discount Tire, Umi, The Creme Brulee Cart, Christopher’s Wine, and Jobing.com’
Twitter Wit is the first ever compilation of Twitter aphorisms and witticisms, celebrating a medium that has enabled millions of users to broadcast their lives and quips within Twitter’s 140-character limit, thus reinventing wordplay in the tradition of Dorothy Parker and Oscar Wilde. This collection includes hundreds of the most memorable and hilarious tweets to date, demonstrating that inside every moment is a joke waiting to be written.
- Author: Nick Douglas
- Publisher: It Books
- Pages: 176 (paperback)
99 Ways to Make Money Using Twitter is a book produced by entrepreneurial blog Geekpreneur. The book covers methods as varied as Twit Pitching, app-building, trend-spotting and affiliate selling, and is filled with practical ideas for everyone.
The book reveals how individuals and businesses are using micro-blogging to build brands, land sales and win new customers. Each chapter explains where to start and how to do it, and even provides a real-life commercial model to copy.
- Pages: 376
- Author: Geekpreneur
- Publisher: New Media Entertainment, Ltd. (June 22, 2009)
- Cost: $27.72
Dan Zarrella has released a simple presentation titled the “Science of ReTweets”. It is a compilation of data about ReTweets that will help you write more contagious content and get more ReTweets.
Mashable, a Social Media News and Web Tips website, has released a free version of their Twitter Guide Book. The eBook is 23MB in size and is available as a PDF download. The Twitter Guide Book includes a special audio introduction from Mashable Founder and CEO Pete Cashmore, as well as five chapters:
1. Twitter 101: The Basics
2. Building Your Twitter Community
3. Managing Your Twitter Stream
4. Sharing on Twitter
5. Twitter for Business
The Top 25 Twitter cartoons from across the Web compiled by Chad Richards.
The Twitter Success Blueprint consists of eight chapters and a bonus section.
The chapters are:
- THE TRUTH ABOUT TWITTER
- BRANDING FOR SUCCESS
- FOLLOW FRENZY
- TWITTER FOR CORPORATE USE
- TWEET SUCCESS
- TWITTER ETIQUETTE
- CONNECTION STRATEGIES
- MONETIZING YOUR TWEETS
If you want to build your brand and attract more followers then the
Twitter Success Blueprint contains all of the information you need to enrich your business with social media. At $22, Twitter Success Blueprint is a bargain.
- Author: Sarah Prout
- Type: eBook
- Cost: $22
- BUY NOW!!